Sunday, July 3, 2011

Small Office Decorating Ideas To Maximize Space

Offices create unique interior decorating challenges because of all the equipment and electronics that businesses use on a daily basis. My office is located in a very small commercial space, so it was especially difficult to design. There are a few small office decorating ideas and tips that I used to maximize the amount of square footage while addressing the practical needs of the business.
One of the most important things to do with small spaces is to utilize vertical space. Even though floor space is limited, there is additional square footage in every room that usually gets wasted. My office has a high ceiling, which means there is plenty of available room on the walls. I purchased a floor-to-ceiling shelving system that allowed me to store all of my office needs.
Some offices have a designated space where employees can take a break or eat a small meal. However, because of space considerations, I am not so fortunate. One of the small space office decorating ideas I implemented in my office is buying double-duty furniture that serves more than one purpose. I chose desks for the office that have surfaces that fold out so that employees have a place to eat their lunch.
In any sized office, efficiency is key. In order for a business to run smoothly, the space must be designed in a deliberate and effective manner. For example, I have to use the printer several times every day. Therefore, it does not make sense to put the printer on the other side of the room because a lot of time would be wasted every time a document had to be retrieved. I used common ideas regarding efficiency to determine where to put each piece of equipment.
Workplace decorating can be tricky, but with a little creativity I was able to come up with a design to fit all of my personal wants and business needs. Office decorating ideas maximize efficiencies and helped create a space that is comfortable for everyone in the office. Implementing these tips has made my small office run in a time- and cost-effective manner.



No comments:

Post a Comment